|A boat gives you the freedom to set sail and escape to luxurious destinations across the world. While you are out navigating the waters of thrill and relaxation, make sure you are properly protected with personal watercraft insurance.|
If you own a larger, faster boat or yacht, you need a separate boat owners insurance policy. It can help you insure your investment in the event of loss due to the following risks:
A typical boat owners insurance policy is designed to protect your boat, motor, equipment and passengers. It affords similar coverages to those you typically have for your car including:
- Theft, loss or damage to the boat and attached equipment
- Bodily injury coverage, if someone else is injured
- Damage caused to someone else's property by your boat or watercraft
- Liability coverage for your passengers, which would include family and guests
- Medical payment coverage for injuries to the occupants of the boat
Physical Damage: Physical damage coverage insures your boat, motor, boat trailer, boat equipment and other personal property against accidental loss or damages. Physical damage also helps safeguard your boat equipment, such as anchors, oars, fuel tanks, life jackets, dinghies, tools and canopies.
Liability: Two principal liability coverages are included:
For added protection, consider the following additional coverage options:
- Personal Liability - A boat owners insurance policy provides protection for legal liability and pays, up to the limit of your policy, the legal obligations imposed upon you due to an accident resulting from the ownership, maintenance, or use of your watercraft, including bodily injury, property damage and legal defense.
- Medical Payments- This pays medical expenses, up to the limits in the policy, including the insured’s boating-related medical expenses from an accident arising out of the ownership, maintenance or use of the boat. Expenses include hospital, medical, ambulance, etc.
Reasonable Repairs: Covers repairs incurred to protect covered property from further damage.
Emergency Service: Pays for reasonable costs that you incur resulting from specified emergency service to your boat, motor or boat trailer.
Wreck Removal: Pays the reasonable expenses you incur for any attempted or actual raising, removal or destruction of the wreck of your watercraft when damage is caused by an insured loss and removal or destruction is required by law.
Umbrella Liability: Provides additional boat insurance coverage across the board for home, auto and watercraft.
Boating on the open water can be unpredictable but your coverage shouldn’t be. Whether your boat is big or small, it’s an investment. Make sure yours is properly protected by calling Britton Gallagher today at (800) 607-4711 to learn more about all of our insurance solutions for all of your personal watercraft insurance needs.