|You may feel that your employees would never steal from you or that your business would never be the victim of theft, but the harsh reality is that nearly every business is eventually victimized by fraud or theft. In this day and age, thieves (including your employees) do not need direct access to cash to steal from you; merchandise, supplies and securities are all fair game.|
The only way to truly guarantee a firm’s insulation from crime of any form is to purchase insurance that covers these exposures. While standard property and inland marine insurance policies provide some protection from criminal acts, they often do not cover losses resulting from employee dishonesty. Crime insurance was developed to deal with the limitations of other policies and extend protection to include the fraudulent activities of employees.
We partner with clients to engineer solutions based on size, industry, experience, exposures and other factors.
Coverage can include:
No matter the size of your company, employee theft remains a very real possibility, which is why it’s important to take steps to insure your business against losses stemming from an incident. Contact our client consultants today to learn about all of our crime coverage and theft protection solutions.
- Depositors Forgery or Alteration Coverage: Protects against losses by forgery or alterations of checks, drafts, promissory notes, orders or directions to pay money that is drawn upon you or is drawn upon your accounts by someone acting as your agent. Protects against forgery losses inflicted by people other than employees.
- Employee Theft Coverage: Protects your money and your business against theft, both from inside the organization and out. Maximum recovery for a single or multiple losses is outlined in your insurance policy, and applies to each employee involved.
- Computer and Funds Transfer Fraud Coverage: Protects against loss of money, securities and other property via computer fraud.
- In Transit Coverage & Property Coverage: Protects against loss of money and securities by way of theft, disappearance or destruction while the property is on your business and/or banking premises. Protects against losses as a result of attempted or actual robberies while the property was on your premises.
- Money Orders and Counterfeit Currency Coverage: Protects against losses that are not paid upon presentation or are in the form of counterfeit United States and Canadian currency paid in exchange for goods or services.